Monday, March 21, 2011

ORC Race Weekend Circuit Race

The ORC Race weekend circuit race was a 75' race on a 2 mile open course with a 200 meter rise with a false flat over the top. Last year a break went from the gun and stayed away the whole race, so I was attentive to see if that would happen again. From the gun the race was aggressive but no attacks really seemed to get away. After about 30' of racing it seemed that the race was tough enough for a break to go. Andy Crater, Scott Zwizanski (United Healthcare), and I got away at this point. Scott was pulling very hard and Andy and I were just trying to hang on. I was sure this was the move. But after a couple laps we got caught by the field. At this point I realized a break probably wouldn't stick and just sat in the group for the rest of the race. Scott Zwisanski tried another attack with two to go only to be brought back a lap later. I wasn't really positioned well on the last lap but took ninth in the sprint. I probably should have positioned myself better and maybe I could have gotten a top 5.

No comments: