Friday, May 07, 2010

Joe Martin Stage Race TT

Yesterday was the time trial for the Joe Martin Stage Race. The course was flat for about 300 to 500 meters and uphill at about 6% for the next 3.5 kilometers. I got in a good warm-up and hydrated well with my Ion Competition drink mix. I started off a bit too hard on the flat part and was anaerobic before the climb began. I tried to recover from going anaerobic but it just was not happening up the climb. I pushed hard to the top to finish with a time of 9:47 and 122 place. My Ion-United Healthcare teammate Spencer Gaddy did a little better than me with a time of 9:32 at 113th place. The time trial was won by my former teammate Andrew Talansky. He did a time of 7:54. He really lit up the course and did an awesome ride. Today is a 106 mile road race with rolling terrain and a 9 mile climb. Hopefully we can get someone in a breakaway today if we feel good.

No comments: