Friday, September 18, 2015

Tour of Qinghai Lake Stage 10

Today’s stage was a fast and flat 100km circuit race. This morning the inevitable happened. The pollution got to me and my left nostril was clogged. Thanks to Mike I got some cough drops and some breathe rite strips and felt awesome for the stage. The goal of the day was either to put me, or Mike, or Matt in the break or to get Evan up there in the sprint. On the first lap I covered everything, and it was apparent that Adria wanted to keep it together. They would put 2-3 guys in a move and not work. They did this for the first two sprint points. After the second sprint point halfway through Mike launched me up the road, but still we couldn’t roll. Then a big group rolled with Mike. Adria signaled to a Lampre rider that he could roll off, so I followed. As soon as I got to the front group an attack went that was the break of the day, but I was completely toast from bridging. Then Adria and Amore e Vita set pace to reel the break back in. With 3km to go Mike, Thomas, and Mattieu had Evan up at the front. With 2 kilometers to go Rusvelo took over, and Gavazzi from Amore e Vita took the stage win. We all finished safely in the bunch and live to fight the 240km stage tomorrow.

Here is a link to my ride on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/346333234

No comments: