Friday, September 18, 2015

Tour of Qinghai Lake Stage 13


The 13th and final stage of the Tour of Qinghai Lake was a flat and fast one. We rode 66km then did 2 loops of 35km for a total of 136km. The race started off fast, and it took about 1 hour of racing for the break to go. Finally it went, and all of the Lupus Racing Team sat in and saved energy. With about 35km to go Mattieu started setting pace with Amore e Vita to bring the break back. Thomas began moving Evan toward the front of the field. The break was caught with about 10km to go. With about 7km to go Kyle and I got Evan to the front of the field. I gave one pull with about 5km to go and that was all I had. Kyle led Evan out in the end to a 13th place finish. I'm really thankful that my Lupus Racing Team sent me to this Tour of Qinghai Lake Race. It was really tough and I learned a lot about how much I can push myself here. I learned you can get sick, and become well again by the end of a race. I am also thankful to all the staff who helped me get through the race. Also thanks to my great teammates for fighting this battle with me. It was a fun one. We threw the ring in the lava. Gollum jumped in after it. Now it is time to return home.
Here is a link to my ride on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/348396163

No comments: