Sunday, July 10, 2016

Ladner Crit

Last night we raced the Ladner crit here at BC Superweek. It was a short, flat and tight, 4 turn course over a 700 meter circuit. I started off at the front, but the first 5-10 laps started out like a sprint, so I was shuffled to the back. Throughout the race riders were getting shelled from the pace and I would pick them off. However, I could never find good lines to pass a lot of people through the turns, so I could never make it to the front of the race. This is the first time in a long time I have been unable to actually participate in the action at a race. It was like a 1 hour motor pacing session. Evan was able to make his way to the front even though he flatted mid race and was put back in at the back of the race. He stayed up there and was able to come away with 9th place yet again. Today we race the 100 mile UCI 1.2 Tour de Delta road race. It should be a fun one.

No comments: