Saturday, July 16, 2016

PoCo Grand Prix

Last night we contested the PoCo Grand Prix over 45 laps on a fast circuit in downtown Port Coquitlam. The pace started off quick from the gun, but after the first 15 or 20 laps I was able to make myself to the front. I was able to cover one move, but it was the counter that was the break of the day. Evan tried to bridge across, but the speed from the bunch brought him back. After that attempt I once again drifted back. It is hard to go off the front in these races, and the pace is constantly fast with all the primes. During the closing laps Silber set pace to bring back the bunch, and Oliver helped them to bring it back. Oliver rode like a champ chasing that back. I tried making my way to the front by pushing with all I had but was unable to make it to the front. In the finale I was near Evan and wanted to move him up, but the pace was too quick and chaotic for me to do that. I am unhappy with myself that I was unable to help out. It was a fun, fast circuit. I just wish I could have done something significant to help the team. Tonight we race the Tour de White Rock crit and tomorrow morning the Tour de White Rock road race. Given the short time between the two events I will not be able to post about tonight or tomorrow's road race until tomorrow evening.

No comments: